Thursday, March 18, 2010

Inspiration - Madonna

Everybody knows Madonna. The challenge that I associate with her is her upbringing. Her mother died when she was young and I wonder if she would have been as driven to succeed had her mother been alive. It is something that stays with me.

I remember when I was 17 Madonna did the video for Material Girl. The inspiration for that video was a scene from Marylin Monroe in Diamonds are a Girl’s Best Friend. Since then I prayed every night that Madonna did not end up like Monroe, gone way too soon. What a surprise she gave me. Through the years, she has been able to transform herself time and again, keeping her spunk, and creating the life she wanted.

I believe that every person that survives all the highs and lows in such a public way and still strives for greatness should be admired. I leave you with that video, the first time I ever paid attention to Madonna. Don’t forget to press the Comment Link and let me know who inspires you.

[Via http://aviddiva.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment