Saturday, March 20, 2010

Cry

I decided, just for 24 hours, to go about with my heart wide open. There would be no filter, no lid, no safety net between the world and me. I would feel everything, and let the universe hit me with whatever it had.

I hailed a cab, for I was due for a meeting. Halfway into the city, with the afternoon rays streaming through the windows, staring at the mobile TV screen at the back of the seat before me and breathing in the lime scent of the car freshener, I started to cry. Down Nicoll Highway we went, with the Flyer gazing down upon us, sweeping into Marina Bay we rode, to where the bankers were, and with Madonna’s Like a Virgin playing on the radio. I sobbed because our world is so peculiarly beautiful.

The taxi driver gave me back more change than was neccessary.

[Via http://clarissawrites.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment