Sunday, January 10, 2010

Frida Kahlo ~ Sock Monkeys & 2010

2010 with Frida Kahlo, sock monkey and blue kitty

2010!!!

Terri Hatcher as Frida Kahlo with sock monkeys

Frida Kahlo looking like Terri Hatcher with sock monkeys

sock monkey and frida kahlo

Frida and sock monkey

Are You My SOCK Monkey?

ARE YOU MY MONKEY?

Sock Monkeys

Frida Kahlo With Sock Monkeys

Frida Kahlo & Sock Monkey

MY SOCK MONKEY

Transvestite Frida with sock monkey

Transvestite Frida with sock monkey

Sock Monkeys and Frida Kahlo

Frida Kahlo & Sock Monkeys

Frida Kahlo with sock monkey cartoon

Sock Monkeys Rule

I love painting and drawing Frida Kahlo.  I’m working on some very large images of Frida Kahlo with sock monkeys! I  love sock monkeys! Monkeys period! Frida is so often seen with monkeys in her own self portraits.

In Chinese astrology I’m a “Fire Monkey”…I definitely feel that I am! The past 3 months I started making sketches and watercolors of Frida with sock monkeys to prepare for a few larger pieces that are more realistic. I’m also working on a  painting with Frida as Alice In Wonderland and Diego by her side as Twiddle-Dee…he looks so much like Twiddle Dee to me! It makes me laugh. I have a cartoon of tthem I did way back  and I’ll post it as soon as I unpack it! Very funny!

I have many paintings online you can see of Frida Kahlo. Most are posted on www.flickr.com/theartangel/

I also have an etsy shop and often sell my original cartoons & paintings. I hope you’ll visit me!

www.fridainheaven.etsy.com

Bethann Shannon’s work is registered and protected under copyright law. All Rights Reserved. Licensing Available.

[Via http://fridainheaven.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment