Tuesday, October 6, 2009

More Stuffs

Ok, on the real, I’m straddling the fence on this one. There are so many things wrong with this song, yet the two things that are right with it just might cancel out the bad. First, the lyrics are horrible. Key$ha, I know you didn’t just say you brushed your teeth “with a bottle of Jack” did you? That doesn’t make you hardcore. It makes you stupid for trying. Also, I don’t like the channeling of Fergie. You sound just like her when you spit them “rhymes”. Fergie ruined the Black Eyed Peas and I’ll never forgive her for that. Just don’t do it. And please stop the rapping. A pop singer rapping ruins everything hip hop means. The “S” in you name as a dollar sign, is cute, but that was over like 9 years ago, kid. You bit Gaga’s “Just Dance” hook b/c yours sounds very very similar… you’re a newbie, though. You’ll learn. The good news? You gotta mighty catchy hook (thanks to Gaga’s influence) and a solid overall sound of the song (minus the vocals) so I’m sure at some point, I’ll be dancing to you in the club by default, therefore making you the winner in this stitch.

 

New Madge for ya ears called “Celebration”. Vid is great. … I don’t care how old she is, Madonna looks amazing and still makes good music. She’ll always be the Queen of the Gwens and the Gagas …

 

Silver City’s “Ghostland Observatory” is ohsososososo good. Nice to chill too. Put it on today to get some work done and guess what? It worked. Dreamy electro … niiiice.

 

Next, “Whatever You Want” by Consequence feat. Kanye West and John Legend. I like this one because it’s a different sound for hip hop and I’m looking forward to some good remixes of it, too. I know Kanye can be douchey sometimes, but he’s still talented musically. Except when he tries to sing.

 

“Summertime Clothes” by Animal Collective. Do they ever make anything bad? No. They’re crazy and I totally love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment