Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Customer service can be like a bad tattoo

Well, I am behind on my commitment on blogging and to myself I am disappointed.  I do have a few blogs saved in drafts however things have changed while blogging about them and I have been busy getting Foodservice Geeks launched.

What a busy past few weeks and I have to say huge learning experience as well.  These experiences will serve our customers well as I am tried of being treated badly period.

Dear Mr, Mrs, Ms, or Miss customer, please and thank you for the opportunity to work with and for you.  I know you have other choices and if should fail you I please talk with me so see how I can resolve the issue at hand.   I realize you know mistakes can happen, we are human; how we handle these times are what really matter.

We are a young company however we are experience food service professionals and we are in a business relationship; by all means I respect that.   These past few weeks have really shown me how poor some business practices are and the benefit to my customers are I will be running interference on this types of issues as much as possible.

First, when it comes to website development you need to be careful.  There are to many people out there that don’t know what their talking about, say they know what they’re talking about, over promise, under deliver, and will leave you with a negative experience.  Trust me, I know.  We will be covering this subject in with Foodservice Geeks in April on what to do and what not to do when it comes to updating, designing, and web companies in general.  So much of the time, you get what you pay applies in services and commerce however with websites, this is a horse of a different color.

My experience with Dell, yes Dell has been horrible and shocked a company like that has such poor sales support.  I tried to purchase a laptop this past month and haven’t had nothing but drama and poor customer service.  I love technology all day long but what it always comes down to is, it’s about people.  You can not just relay on an email, twitter or Facebook message as a form communication; if you have a question, comment, or concern by all means call.

This week I ended up getting drawn into this site that noted “WTF where they thinking?” about bad tattoo’s and I started this think that poor customer service is like a bad tattoo as you can’t undo that either.  You can try to get the customer back and if you care you’ll probably succeed as by human nature we are forgiving creatures.  Of course there are some customers you sometimes don’t want back either.  Thing is we are working with people and as the saying goes, do un to others as you would have them do un to you.

A friend of mine placed on his Facebook page the following “It’s not difficult people. Do the right thing. Say what you mean. Mean what you say. Do what you say you’ll do.” Make sense doesn’t is?

Well, I have to run however I did want to post something quick about customer service.  We are so close to launching the site and it’s exciting.

Thank you for your time and attention!

Madonna Kash Restaurant Marketing Partners/ Foodservice Geeks www.FoodserviceGeeks.com madonna@foodservicegeeks.com @restaurantmkt voice    602.492.8419 mobile 602.692.1135

[Via http://restaurantmarketingpartners.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment